I am actively working on adding Goolge talk Voip calling (XMPP Jingle) support. Progress has been pretty rapid so far. I hope to have it in the next release in September.
Things to expect in the September release.
1. Uses standard iphone notification sound and vibrations.
2. Fixed bug where sounds didnt play
3. Uses device/switch settings. Removed vibration options in Monal settings since they are redundant
4. Correctly detects https links in chats
Also worked on the ability to not save the password at all and enter it on every login.
Making good progress on that. I think I am about 50% done.
I have iOS5 and the new development kit. The current version of Monal works fantastic with the fantastic new notification system. I havent tried out the new lock screen yet, but it should work just the same.
It seems Apple has changed their app ranking algorithms. It now includes regular usage in addition to downloads. I hadn’t noticed this before. Keep using Monal, tell others.
Q. Why am I not getting sound or vibration alerts?
A. Make sure they are enabled in the settings screen. In addition for sound alerts, make sure the silence switch is not turned on. Finally, both sound and vibrate only occur when the screen is locked or the app is running in the background. In other cases it is assumed that you are looking at the monal app and dont need the additional notification of a new message.
Q. How do I remove contacts?
A. Swipe on them on the contacts screen and then tap remove.
Monal 2.0.4 is now available in the app store.
This is a service update that fixes bugs
1. Fixed critical bug that caused immediate crash on iOS3 devices
2. improved UI, adopted new icon set
3. fixed bug where offline roster was not loading on some servers
4. Added XEP-0055: Jabber Search (user directory)
5. Added detailed help pages
6. Added several popovers to ipad UI
7. option to turn off message preview
8. option to hide offline contacts
9. option to turn off logging
10. no longer forces an @ in the username, greater compatibility
11. button to close all active chats at once
12. Added XEP-0078: Legacy Authentication. Works on non SASL servers
13. tested to work with jabberd14 1.6
14. tested to work with Prosody
If you want to test 2.0.4, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “BETA: 2.0.4”. I want to make sure everyone who has had connection issues can use Monal.
In the body of the email you will have to include your device ID (UDID)
Locating a Unique Device ID with iTunes 7.7 or later
To do this, connect your device to your Mac and launch iTunes. In iTunes, select your device in the ‘Devices’ section and navigate to the Summary tab. Click on the Serial Number label to reveal the Identifier field and the 40 character UDID. Press Command+C to copy the UDID to your clipboard. (from Scott Means)
When you receive your beta, drag it into the Applications folder in itunes and sync. When you open Monal check about to make sure you have 2.0.4
I have added Jabbedd14 and Prosody to my testing suite and Monal 2.0.4 works with both.
After discovering that jabberd14 servers ship without SASL support enabled, I have enabled non sasl login. Monal will try sasl login first and will fall back on legacy login if and only if that is the only way left to login.
I have tested with jabberd14 running on ubuntu 10