Monal OSX 1.3 and iOS 2.9 are almost ready. I have put up what I hope will be the final OS X beta and will begin beta testing iOS today.
This is a major update. iOS does not run on iOS 6 anymore. iOS 7 isn’t actually supported but will still run.
There are many major improvements. Most notably:
- XEP-0313: Message Archive Management to download chat history.
- XEP-0352: Client State Indication for dramatic reduction on power use.
- XEP-0363: HTTP File Upload to send images in conversations
- Dropbox integration to share files. Can be used when HTTP upload isn’t available.
- Fixed several issues with periodic disconnects when in the background
- Sped up the app significantly. In particular, logging in.
- Rosters download correctly again and contacts should have proper full names instead of id shown.
- Fixed bugs with Google logins
- iOS text input will grow to multiple lines