2.0.4 will feature more service discovery.
Talked to Apple. I will have to go back to the 10 minute multitasking for now, I might be able to bring it back later. I am resubmitting 2.0.3 today and it should be available in a few days.
I’m making some progress on getting the new version approved. I should know for sure whats going to happen Monday afternoon.
The initial build of 2.0.3 has been rejected. I am working with Apple to resolve it. Obviously the next release is delayed. Monal 2.0.3 will certainly be released, it might just have some features turned off.
The blogspot blog the served as the home for Monal will continue to exist for historical reasons and also because the article I wrote about the security weaknesses of Facebook chats XMPP implementation still draws a lot of traffic.
Monal has grown significantly since it’s release. I think this site will better serve the needs of the everyone using it. In particular, I think the help section will answer the most common questions.
Monal 2.0.3 is a major update that fixes bugs and adds important updates.
This is a major update that improves the application significantly.
1. Proper multi tasking. It will run in the background until you logout or close the app. No more 10 minute limit.|
2. Manually set XMPP priority
3. Shows offline contacts
4. Added gtalk extensions for google apps
5. fixed an issue with Digest-Md5 servers and connectivity
6. Fixed a bug with some non english messages not arriving
7. improved auto recovery in the event of a network error
8. when swiping to close an active chat it says “close” instead of delete. When clearing a chat log it says “clear” and not delete
9. improved UI for adding new contact
10. shows a badge with a count of messages received on app icon
11. status is not overwritten when setting away
12. fixed misc crashing bugs with the UI
13. new buddy details screen
14 optimized and switched from GCC to LLVM+Clang compiler
15. Added Multi user chat (MUC) menus.
16. Removed browser tab from iPad UI