I’ve been putting a lot of work into fixing all sorts of bugs that came in with iOS7. As beta testers may know I am working on updating the UI so it fits the new OS better. I am also fixing bugs that were in the MUC implementation and unlocking multi account support. Here is tonight’s screenshot set showing all three things.
I am working on fixing lots of serious bugs. I am going to open it up to beta testers soon. If you want to get early builds (and provide feedback) before the app store release, contact email@example.com
UPDATE: on the request of beer advocate, I have not released this app.
In addition to fitness another interest of mine is beer. I can be a bit of a beer snob with a preference for a good Belgian — on an unrelated note I should really meet Monal users when I go to Europe next time. Anyway, I like beer and I like beeradvocate.com. Unfortunately they don’t have an app or a very mobile friendly website so I’ve made a little app that lets you search quickly through their site using Google. Usually typing the first three letters of a beer name gets you to the right beer. Much faster.
The app, Ales & Lagers will be available in about a week.
Monal 220.127.116.11 is out. It is propagating through all of the stores and might not show up in searches yet, but you can get it here:
I believe I have fixed both of the major iOS6 related bugs that forced me to decide pull 2.0.8 and 18.104.22.168 from the store at the last minute. Sorry for the trouble. Considering how many people around the world are dependent on Monal for business and personal use on a daily basis, I honestly could not release them and thought it would be better to have nothing at all available than something unreliable. Thank you for your patience.
I released 2.0.8 a couple of days ago and immediately realized there was a serious crashing bug in the build that was submitted. So that no one would upgrade to it, I pulled it from the app store while 22.214.171.124 is in the approval process. Monal should be available again on Monday.
I am hoping for a quick turnaround for 2.0.8 that includes many of the features cut in 2.0.7 as well as bug fixes. Here is the current changelog:
1. fixes issue with navigation buttons in contact list
2. correctly sets away status on contacts
3. option to sort online contacts by status
4. set the priority based on presence
Monal 2.0.7 is available! Enjoy the VOIP and multi tasking. Get it here:
Note: Its taking a little time to propagate though all of Apple’s servers. I have had the best luck getting the newest version by downloading it in itunes on the desktop.
2.0.7 is finished and has been submitted to Apple. Barring any unexpected hiccups, expect to see it in the store in about a week
The Jingle VOIP functions in Monal use JRTPlib by Jori Liesenborgs for the RTP communication. VOIP wouldn’t have been possible without it. Thanks Jori for making this fantastic library free.
I am now testing Monal on all of my iOS devices. This is the final change log for 2.0.7 . Nothing will be added until 2.0.8
This is a major update that adds many features and fixes bugs.
1. Added XMPP jingle VOIP features. (XEP-0166)
2. Remains open in the background until you logout or lose connection
3. Many major bugfixes to improve stability and speed
4. Several UI enhancements/cosmetic changes
5. Removed AIM support due to AOL turning off supported servers
6. Added more retina graphics
7. Added tap gesture to dismiss keyboard
8. Added improved 2 pane iPad view in portrait mode
9. Properly times out when connection fails
10. Closing an active chat marks the messages as read
11. Properly able to handle resource ids and other users logged into multiple machines
12. Fixed digest-md5
13. Fixed Facebook login